Wednesday, December 1, 2010

November 30

Dear Gramps,
Happy Birthday! Wow, 93 years old. It's still hard to believe you aren't here right now snacking on mandarins. I still am in mourning and I miss you everyday. I've been calling Grams every night and she misses you terribly. It was so hard to see you leave us, but I know you are in a much better place, free of illness, pain, and suffering. You are in heaven walking, talking, and looking down on all of us; watching over us and the ranch. Your funeral service is on Saturday and I am speaking. I hope you like all the words I will say and the closure I need so I can not be sad anymore, but happy with all the time I have spent with you. Thanks for all the great memories that fill my childhood. It still makes me smile to think about tractor rides and swimming, spending the night with you and Grams and telling you jokes. I will always love you.
Love always, Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment